Monday, June 1, 2015

Messi: I don't have any relationship with Guardiola

Messi: I don't have any relationship with Guardiola

The prolific Barcelona forward no longer has any special bond with the current Bayern Munich boss, while he stresses that his feud with Luis Enrique has been resolved

Barcelona star Lionel Messi says that he no longer has a special relationship with former mentor Pep Guardiola ahead of the first leg of his side's Champions League semi-final tie with Bayern Munich on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old developed into one of the best players in the world under Guardiola's guidance between 2008 and 2012, winning numerous individual and team accolades in the process, including two Champions League titles and three Primera Division crowns.

Messi was the star man for Guardiola's team but the Argentine has made it clear that they no longer maintain such a close bond.

"We had a great time when Pep was here. We won a lot of titles and I grew a lot – that was the time when I grew most as a footballer," Messi told the media.

"We had a fantastic relationship when he was here. I have seen him a few times since he left but we don’t have any kind of relationship now.

"Guardiola knows us, he knows us all well. We were lucky enough to win a lot of titles with him. Based on what Guardiola meant to the club in his time as coach, I think he will get a good welcome. He gave a lot to the club and he is from here, but I think the fans will support the club and want us to win the game."

The forward then went on to stress that he does not have any problems with Luis Enrique after falling out with the coach earlier this season.

The Argentina international had a heated argument with the 44-year-old during a training session at the start of 2015 and was then benched for a league match against Real Sociedad. Their relationship consequently seemed to be beyond repair but the prolific forward is admaant that the situation has been resolved.

"I have said before that what happened happened but, since then, there haven’t been any problems at all," he declared.

"How does Luis Enrique compare to Guardiola? Some things are different. Pep has his way of doing things. Both coaches treat the players well and treat them equally."

Barcelona were beaten 7-0 by Bayern on aggregate when they last met in the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2012-13 but Messi intends for there to be no repeat of that tie.

"It is an important game for everything that it represents," the Argentine remarked. "It's a semi-final. We remember the game two years ago, of course, but this is a completely different game to the one two years ago.

"I don't know who the favourite is. I don't think there is one. Both sides have great players that are used to playing these games. Of course, it's important to get a good result at home. We always play to win and we want to go into the return leg with a good result."

Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar have already scored over 100 goals in all competitions for Barcelona this term but the Argentine is not ready to call them the best forward line of which he has ever been a aprt.

Asked if the current trio are the best, Messi replied: "I have been lucky enough to play with some great players. I enjoy the players I'm playing with today but I can't say if it's the best front three.

"We understand each other well on and off the pitch but I have had great team-mates alongside me in attack in other forward lines as I have today.

"When you have players of the characteristics of Neymar and Luis, that makes things a lot easier. We have a good relationship on and off the pitch. Luis adapted really quickly to the dressing room and that has helped things work out well for us."

De Bruyne: I won't return to Chelsea while Mourinho is there

De Bruyne: I won't return to Chelsea while Mourinho is there

The Belgium international was given just three Premier League outings by the Blues boss and says he would not consider going back to work under him.
Wolfsburg star Kevin de Bruyne has hinted he would welcome a return to England – but not to a Chelsea side managed by Jose Mourinho.  

De Bruyne moved to Stamford Bridge from Genk in 2012 but was initially loaned to Werder Bremen. Having been recalled for the 2013-14 season he made just three Premier League appearances under Mourinho before completing a permanent move to Wolfsburg last January.

The 23-year-old's agent, Patrick De Koster, has claimed Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are in the race to sign the Belgium international along with Manchester City following his fine season in the Bundesliga.

De Bruyne himself has encouraged interest from Bayern and admits he could move to England or Spain - but not to work with Mourinho again.

"I think, to be honest, I would not return to Chelsea as long as he is in charge," he told Bild. "I know that I like the Bundesliga, and it always did me good.

"But I don't fear returning to England, or playing in Spain. I believe I can make it there. You can't compare my time at Chelsea with what I'm doing now."

De Bruyne scored 15 goals and registered 28 assists in all competitions as he helped Wolfsburg secure Champions League qualification for next season via a second-placed league finish.

While there have been a number or reports around his future, however, earlier in May club CEO Klaus Allofs insisted Wolfsburg has no intention of parting with its prized asset, stating he is "100 percent convinced" the Belgian will remain at the Volkswagen Arena next season.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Chelsea and Real Madrid to battle for Sterling

Chelsea and Real Madrid will battle for Raheem Sterling after Bayern Munich ended their interest in the Liverpool winger.

West Ham not giving up on Klopp

West Ham are refusing to give up on hopes they can persuade Jurgen Klopp to be their next manager. The Hammers are willing to bide their time in an attempt to get the right man.

Everton to move for Jonny Evans

Everton are set to make a move for Manchester United defender Jonny Evans. The centre-back has just a year left on his current deal and could be available for just £5m.

AC Milan and Sevilla to rival Chelsea for Falcao

Chelsea face competition for Radamel Falcao with AC Milan and Sevilla. Monaco are keen to sell the striker as they are struggling to pay his huge wages.

Liverpool to splash out £10.5m on Keylor Navas

Liverpool are ready to spend £10.5m on Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas. The Costa Rican will leave the Bernabeu this summer with the Reds keen to replace Simon Mignolet.

Everton to sign Scott Dann

Everton are closing in on signing Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann. The Toffees have scouted the centre-back and are hopeful of sealing a deal soon.